Parent education is an essential part of the ranch experience. While children enjoy activities at the ranch, parents will attend love-based, trauma-informed parenting classes. They will also have plenty of free time to go home or go on vacation and rejuvenate themselves!
Here is what parents are saying about these classes:
“By far the best I have experienced.”
“It was nice to hear it from someone who has been through it. It gives you a better idea of how to handle things. I am glad to have come.”
“Wonderful, personal examples, very warm presentation; I enjoyed. Great thought process for me and wonderful ideas!”
Online Parenting Classes
7:00-8:00 PM CST
Classes are open to all interested caregivers; not only those whose children are guests at the respite ranch.
Classes will be held via Zoom with 30 minutes of instruction and 30 minutes of Q&A.
To register: TBA
• January 21, 2021: Challenging behaviors—Causes and solutions
• January 28, 2021: Lying
• February 4, 2021: Stress and transitions
• February 11, 2021: Healing from trauma
• February 18, 2021: Stealing; self-harm
• February 25, 2021: Aggression, defiance, and chores
• March 4, 2021: Public humiliation of parents
• March 11, 2021: Mealtime and bedtime challenges
• March 18, 2021: Chattering, clinging, whining, touch
• March 25, 2021: Poor social skills; sexualized behaviors
*Topics are subject to change